Urbanite Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bison vs Moose

4 posters

Go down

So, which on?

Bison vs Moose I_vote_lcap71%Bison vs Moose I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 10 ]
Bison vs Moose I_vote_lcap29%Bison vs Moose I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 14

Bison vs Moose Empty Bison vs Moose

Post by Grizzly Griswald Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Two big big beast that have retarded horn get into a fight. Theres the moose with antler which are not sharp, and the bison's horns are very short. The bison can run 40 mph, and the moos can only run 30. The moose is 6ft tall at its shoulder, and it weighs 1,400 pounds. The Bison weighs 2,100 pounds and its 5ft tall at the shoulder.

Which one would win?
Grizzly Griswald
Grizzly Griswald

Back to top Go down

Bison vs Moose Empty Re: Bison vs Moose

Post by Kool Kat Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:39 pm

A bison would kill the moose cause its heavier and faster. You know, 10 mile per hour is a huge difference in speed. Even if the bison wasn't bigger and heavier, it would still win because it has a bigger harder head. The reason why it doesn't need horns is because its head is already hard enough. It woul smash the mooses prickly antlers
Kool Kat
Kool Kat

Back to top Go down

Post by SageofSixPaths Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Kool Kat wrote:A bison would kill the moose cause its heavier and faster. You know, 10 mile per hour is a huge difference in speed. Even if the bison wasn't bigger and heavier, it would still win because it has a bigger harder head. The reason why it doesn't need horns is because its head is already hard enough. It woul smash the mooses prickly antlers

Basically this. Covered all of the bases i wanted to and probably did it more succinctly than i could.
SageofSixPaths
SageofSixPaths
Moderati
Moderati

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Griswald Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Come on you guys cant just end a debate that fast. I still think the moose will win, the moose has antlers that are big enough be like helmet for his head while the bison is basically ramming its skull straight into the moose and the bison's head cant be that much stronger than the moose's. Mooses are usually taller than bison, so they should have a whole lot more leverage. Levrage is more important than just weight and speed. To add to that, the moose has longer legs and longer legs are stronger than short legs.
Grizzly Griswald
Grizzly Griswald

Back to top Go down

Post by SageofSixPaths Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Grizzly Griswald wrote:Come on you guys cant just end a debate that fast. I still think the moose will win, the moose has antlers that are big enough be like helmet for his head while the bison is basically ramming its skull straight into the moose and the bison's head cant be that much stronger than the moose's. Mooses are usually taller than bison, so they should have a whole lot more leverage. Levrage is more important than just weight and speed. To add to that, the moose has longer legs and longer legs are stronger than short legs.

An obvious question is how far away they start? As Kool stated, the bison's head is plenty hard enough to tank the moose's. You'd be surprised how hard bone can get.

Actually, getting low is actually much better in terms of leverage, especially with the moose's longer legs. Any football player could tell you that an essential in tackling is getting under the opponent's legs and pulling them out from under your opposition. With the moose's longer legs, and the bison's lower, stronger profile, it should be easy for the bison to sweep the moose.

Also, longer =/= stronger. The longer something is, the stronger it has to be just support it. If the strength stays the same, it's going to be easier to break. Think: Which is easier to break, a short stubby pencil or a regular length one?
SageofSixPaths
SageofSixPaths
Moderati
Moderati

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Griswald Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Ahh, yeah I guess the bison will win ON THIS FORUM.
Grizzly Griswald
Grizzly Griswald

Back to top Go down

Post by SageofSixPaths Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:34 am

Grizzly Griswald wrote:Ahh, yeah I guess the bison will win ON THIS FORUM.

But you just wait 'till the next one! *shakes fist* Razz

In all sincerity, you sound like you think that the moose would still win. Why not prove that taller = better leverage and etc.? Or bring up other evidence to counter my own.
SageofSixPaths
SageofSixPaths
Moderati
Moderati

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Pablo Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Mooses are kind of sucky. Most prey animals can run faster than thier predator, but a moose can't. A bear runs fortyfive mph while the moose can only run thirty.
Big Pablo
Big Pablo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum